We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Like last year, jellyfish should accompany your vacation ... The most venomous, pelagic, is already present and there is also the physalie, distant cousin of the jellyfish. If your child gets stung, go for the right things!
No way they ruin your vacation! In recent years, jellyfish are more and more numerous and proliferate on the French beaches. The main responsible? Global warming. But if your child gets stung, stay zen, and go for the right things:
- Rinse with sea water to remove the tentacles. Do not rub especially because the venom is contained in the small vesicles that appear on the skin. If you rub, they will burst and increase the pain.
- Apply sand on the burn to remove stinging cells.
- Do not move the affected limb.
- Disinfect the wound with an antiseptic (you have it, of course, included in your antibobos holiday kit!) and apply a soothing cream for two or three days.
- If in doubt, go to the emergency center or emergency service.
Not to do
- No, rinse a jellyfish sting with urine or vinegar does not relieve! On the contrary, the risks of infection are real.
- Do not rinse with fresh waterit would burst stinging cells.
And the physalie?
The Physalia looks a little like the jellyfish and also lives in the sea, rather in the warm waters. It is found more and more often on our French coast, probably because of global warming. It looks like a bluish balloon with tentacles and is 90% water. His bite is also stinging. The tips for stings are the same as for jellyfish.
Find all our tips on the sores of the summer.